Saturday, March 27, 2010

Some Days Are Just Plain Hard

Hi everyone,

Wow, today was just a really hard day for me. Many of you only know me through my posts, others through my Facebook page and still others are my true friends and know my heart. Well, my heart was broken today as I learned of my hurting friends and the pain that they were suffering in their families. One lost a child and all most lost his wife, another is having to contemplate doing heart surgery on her pre-teen daughter who has a heart condition that could end her life at any time, another friends son had a horrible head trauma that lead to a concussion and whiplash, my heart was just hurting for all these families today and the only thing I could do was pray. But I realized that you know what, prayer is our most powerful weapon against sickness and injury, against pain and suffering and it's something that all of us who know God can do for each-other. It's not a second thought, or something we just do because there is nothing else to do, it's the first thing that I do when I find out one of my friends is hurting. One of the things I say in my mission statement is that you can use your faith to Make the Change in someone's life, my faith teaches prayer is something that is crucial for helping those you care about or those whom you want to influence, here is an example:

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up, will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night.

I will never give up praying for my friends and if you have faith and believe in God, then Make the Change for your friends as well and pray for them often. It is a great comfort to know God hears us and listens when we pray. It's even more of a comfort to know that he cares and often intercedes for us through the Holy Spirit when we don't have the words to speak. God Bless All

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Make the Change,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment