Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Years Resolutions

New Years Eve, a day when everyone starts to put "The List" together. Oh you know what list I'm talking about, the list that always starts with I am gonna lose weight this year. I am gonna read my bible every morning this year. I am gonna walk everyday this year. I am gonna use that treadmill that has been in my basement for 10 years this year. Yes it's coming back to you now right, you remember, the New Years Resolutions List. Some people have already started to fill up my news feed with their list, most of which are listed above. This seems to be the time of year that we as people decide that we need to do what every good American does at this time of year and that is, make a list of what "I" am going to do to make "ME" better this year. I have seen lots and lots of creative things that will even help us remember the great things that have happened to "ME" this year. A creative person posted a picture of a large canning jar that had a note on it, that read "Starting January 1st write good things that happen to you on little pieces of paper: Surprise Gifts, Accomplished Goals, The Beauty of Nature, LOL Moments, Memories Worth Saving, Daily Blessings, then on December 31st open the Jar and read all the amazing things that happened to you in 2014!" I bet some of you are even writing that down because it's such a cool idea and it is. It's the American Way!!! Be all that you can be!!! Do all the cool things that you can do!!! Take all the cool adventures that you can take!!! Make your life as good for "YOU" as possible!!! Do you see a theme here? I do and I have for years now. News Years Day, has always been about "ME"!!! Well, several years ago, I was challenged to make life not so much about "ME" but more about "OTHERS"!!! So, I came up with this page and also a blog. For several years now, my News Years Resolution List has been made up of ways that I can help improve others lives. I have found it much more satisfying and much more worthy a goal, to spend my year helping others improve themselves, give others opportunities to check off a few of their Bucket List items. I have at times walked along side those that I have helped, others I have simply in the quietness of my room prayed for and written emails, Facebook posts and private messages, others I have labored for hours at my table, in my chair, making things that will help them through our winter months. The challenge I have for all of you, is this.......when you make out your New Years Resolutions this year, make at least two, that involve helping someone else improve themselves or their lives. Something that will "Make the Change" for them, that when they open their Jar December 31st, they will have at least two things to read, that were a result of your involvement in their lives. Happy New Years everyone, may this be the year that you "Make the Change" and find your Jar full December 31st!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment